Today lets talk extensions the 3 types I offer, care, costs, ect...
First off let me tell you the 3 types I offer pricing differs due to length and color quality...
1. Tape in / usually take around 30 mins to 1 hour to install. And require 5-6 week appointment to maintain them. They are gentle on the hair and give you great longevity if well cared for. At the 5-6 week mark we remove them and clean the hair and remove the old bond and replace with a new bond. Usually the hair should last you a year or more with the proper care.
2. Clip in Extension and Halo extensions typically last forever if well cared for. They take about 30 to 45 mins to shape and install. No maintenance required at this appointment we will go over the proper placement and I will show you how to style and care for them at home as well.
Lets go over some FAQ ' s on Extensions:
1. What is the difference between Remy extensions and Human Hair extensions? All Remy means is this All the hair cuticles are going in the same direction. As long as you have Human Hair extensions you are fine.
2. Can you curl Synthetic Hair? NO NO NO you can not curl synthetic hair as it will melt with heat.
3. Is washing the extensions in Warm water damaging to the extensions? Yes you want to shampoo your extensions in room temperature water. And do not brush them while wet let them air dry.
4. Do I need a special brush or comb? Yes I recommend a wet comb, or wet brush , or you can buy a looper brush to avoid loosing hair due to breakage.
5. Can I swim with extensions since summer is coming? Avoid salt water and chlorine as much as possible. Try putting your hair up when going to the gym, pool, sauna, or beach. Do not frequently swim in chlorinated water as this may fade the color and loosen the bond.
Let me give you a few more tips: Do not color your extensions your self leave this process to a licensed professional.
~ You need to sleep with a silk or satin pillow case to prevent frizz and friction.
~ Do not sleep with wet hair try a loose braid or pony tail
~ Do not use any hydrating, moisturizing, intensive therapy or sleek shampoos as they can cause the bonds to loosen.
~ Also do not use any shampoos that contain silicone, sulfates, or moisture. Any conditioners, masks, oils, you may use them from mid shaft down make sure the products never touch the base of the panels.
~ Apply a heat protectant to the hair before flat ironing or heat styling the hair
~ Brush your hair 3-4 times a day to prevent tangling.
~ Use the recommended hair care regimen.
~ It is normal to loose 10 to 15% of the extensions after installation.
~ Your extensions should last any where from 5-6 weeks maybe longer before you need a re application. If you are experiencing slipping ask me. Product usage could potentially be the culprit.
~ DO NOT SHOWER or excessively sweat for 48 hours after application as the bonds need proper time to set.
~ Press your panels together daily use a good dry shampoo daily to help with build up. But don't spray directly on the bond or any product for that matter. Product buildup is the #1 cause of bond slipping.
~ 1 Last thing I forgot to mention keep all heat tools under 300 degrees to prevent frizz and don't pull the hair too hard and keep heat away from the bond as they WILL slip if heated up.